[j-nsp] EVPN - BGP attribute propagation on MXes

Guillermo Fernando Cotone guillermo.cotone at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 10:38:51 EDT 2019

Hi folks,

Does anyone have implemented BGP attribute propagation using EVPN route
type-5?
We're trying to get BGP community propagation over an EVPN L3VNI, but so
far we had no luck. I've no idea if there's any knob to enable this.

Our use-case is to connect BGP islands through an EVPN backbone, and we
expect BGP attributes, such as communities, to be propagated over the
backbone. Pretty much standard IP-VPN behavior. Also referenced here:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rabadan-sajassi-bess-evpn-ipvpn-interworking-02#section-4.2

I'm not sure if this is actually supported on Juniper. We're
running 17.3R3-S2.2.

Best,
Guillermo