[j-nsp] l2circuit between QFX-5110 & MX204 - one way traffic

Liam Farr liam at maxumdata.com
Thu Jul 18 11:26:20 EDT 2019

Hi,

Tried as follows;

liam at NA-QFX5110-1# show interfaces xe-0/0/9
description "Temp Link to Arista";
vlan-tagging;
mtu 9216;
encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
unit 123 {
    encapsulation vlan-ccc;
    vlan-id 123;
    input-vlan-map pop;
    output-vlan-map push;
    family ccc;
}

liam at NA-QFX5110-1# show protocols l2circuit
neighbor 192.168.68.3 {
    interface xe-0/0/9.123 {
        virtual-circuit-id 123;
        no-control-word;
        ignore-mtu-mismatch;
        pseudowire-status-tlv;
    }
}

liam at WN-MX204-1# show interfaces xe-0/1/3
description "ISPCO-WN-PVE-1 C0/F3 enp6s0f1";
flexible-vlan-tagging;
mtu 9216;
encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
unit 123 {
    encapsulation vlan-ccc;
    vlan-id 123;
    input-vlan-map push;
    output-vlan-map pop;
    family ccc;
}

liam at WN-MX204-1# show protocols l2circuit
neighbor 192.168.68.5 {
    interface xe-0/1/3.123 {
        virtual-circuit-id 123;
        no-control-word;
        ignore-mtu-mismatch;
        pseudowire-status-tlv;
    }
}

When I removed the l2circuit encapsulation altogether from both ends I got
an EM -- encapsulation mismatch on the l2circuit

I also tried encapsulation internetworking / ethernet-vlan / ethernet

At some point I did get mac learning both ways in that at the QFX end I
could see mac from the MX end, but haven't successfully managed to pass
icmp / ping.

NA-ARISTA#show mac address-table vlan 123
          Mac Address Table

Vlan    Mac Address       Type        Ports      Moves   Last Move
----    -----------       ----        -----      -----   ---------
 123    3606.b737.b463    DYNAMIC     Et9        1       0:18:11 ago
 123    6c3b.6bf0.9b0f    DYNAMIC     Et4        1       8:55:37 ago
Total Mac Addresses for this criterion: 2

          Multicast Mac Address Table

Vlan    Mac Address       Type        Ports
----    -----------       ----        -----
Total Mac Addresses for this criterion: 0

I've got an option to borrow a QFX-5110 tomorrow and set it up in a bit
better of a LAB config with a MX I have locally, where I can break things a
bit more without affecting prod traffic. That might be the go and rebuild
some l2circuits from scratch.

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/general/mpls-limitations-qfx-series.html

*(QFX5100, QFX5110, QFX5120, QFX5200, QFX5210, EX4600) When VLAN bridge
encapsulation is enabled on a CE connected interface, the switch drops
packets if both flexible Ethernet services and VLAN CCC encapsulations are
configured on the same logical interface. Only one can be configured, not
both. For example:set interfaces xe-0/0/18 encapsulation
flexible-ethernet-services, or set interfaces xe-0/0/18 encapsulation
vlan-ccc.*

As mentioned the above might be causing me issues, as I did have some sub
interfaces running vlan-bridge alongside the vlan-ccc interface on xe-0/0/9.

--
Kind Regards

Liam Farr

Maxum Data