[j-nsp] Link establishment issues with 1Gbps SX/LX SFPs on QFX5110

Shamen Snyder shamen.snyder at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 09:40:44 EDT 2019

What version of code are you using? When I worked at Juniper I delt with a
ISP that had this issue and I believe 17.3R3 did not have the issue at all.

There was an issue with BCM and the Juniper code. You can manually force
the port up in the BCM shell (not that is a viable long term solution).

FPC0( vty)# set dcbcm bcmshell "ps 45"

HW (unit 0)
                 ena/    speed/ link auto    STP                  lrn
 inter   max  loop
           port  link    duplex scan neg?   state   pause  discrd ops
face frame  back
       ge0( 45)  down    1G  FD   HW  Yes    Block          None   FA
 SGMII  1518

FPC0( vty)# set dcbcm bcmshell "port 45 an=1 e=t"

HW (unit 0)

FPC0( vty)# set dcbcm bcmshell "ps 45"

HW (unit 0)
                 ena/    speed/ link auto    STP                  lrn
 inter   max  loop
           port  link    duplex scan neg?   state   pause  discrd ops
face frame  back
       ge0( 45)  !ena    1G  FD None  No     Block          None    D
 SGMII  9412