[j-nsp] Hyper Mode on MX

Michael Hare michael.hare at wisc.edu
Sun Mar 10 11:38:16 EDT 2019

Replying to myself before someone else catches my egregious error...

After going back to review what I actually did vs what I thought I did when enabling hyper-mode, I very much got it backwards re icmp redirects.  You have to allow redirects to be sent to use hyper-mode.  That's a step backwards and a calculated risk to take.  I disallow ICMP redirects via firewall filter.

I'm academically curious why this is a requirement (allow icmp redirects to be sent) of hyper-mode.

-Michael