[j-nsp] Hyper Mode on MX

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sun Mar 10 11:45:03 EDT 2019

Hey Michael,

> After going back to review what I actually did vs what I thought I did when enabling hyper-mode, I very much got it backwards re icmp redirects.  You have to allow redirects to be sent to use hyper-mode.  That's a step backwards and a calculated risk to take.  I disallow ICMP redirects via firewall filter.
>
> I'm academically curious why this is a requirement (allow icmp redirects to be sent) of hyper-mode.

I think it is just config parsing problem. By manually disabling icmp
redirects the parser reads this as 'you are using redirects, this is
incompatible with hyper-mode'

I don't think you need the FW filter, as hyper-mode does not support
redirects (now, it will later) they are just no-op. But doesn't hurt
either.

--
  ++ytti