[j-nsp] EVPN/VXLAN experience

Sebastian Wiesinger sebastian at karotte.org
Mon Mar 25 05:49:58 EDT 2019

* Andrey Kostin <ankost at podolsk.ru> [2019-03-22 16:16]:
> One more question just came to mind: what routing protocol do you use for
> underlay, eBGP/iBGP/IGP? Design guides show examples with eBGP but looks
> like for deployment that's not very big ISIS could do everything needed.
> What are pros and cons for BGP vs IGP?

We use ISIS. It's easier for people to understand and I don't expect
any scalability issues with our size of fabrics. We did not encounter
any drawbacks by using ISIS instead of BGP.

Regards

Sebastian

--
GPG Key: 0x58A2D94A93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant