[j-nsp] prsearch missing in inaction

Nathan Ward juniper-nsp at daork.net
Wed May 8 20:37:03 EDT 2019

> On 9/05/2019, at 10:44 AM, Richard McGovern <rmcgovern at juniper.net> wrote:
>
> Contacted someone internally and yes this is being worked on.  The time period is "end of Q2, hopefully sooner".

Can you shed any light on what on earth is going on, and why? It seems crazy that a company would disable this sort of thing intentionally for such a long time and with such poor comms and timing info. “Technical issue” sounds like an accident - but surely a restore from backup would work, right?
I cannot think of a scenario here which looks anywhere remotely positive for Juniper - every scenario I can consider has a root cause of “complete and utter incompetence” somewhere along the chain.
I really like Juniper, so I’ve searched, but, this is a hard one, help me out here..

> In the meantime, if you need comparison between 2 releases of same major release, then TAC should be able to generate this for you via internal PR DIFF tool.  This only works between release of the same major version.

Nope, JTAC are not authorised to provide that info from the internal tool - here is a quote from a JTAC person just a couple days ago:
> And regarding PRs delta  between your present release and 17.4R2-S2 release , JTAC is  not authorised to provide that info. I suggest you to reach out to juniper accounts team who can help you on this

Why? I have no idea, maybe this engineer was just lazy but I’ve had the same from someone else too I think. Maybe it’s so sales can hide the really bad bugs that might impact a sale? I really cannot understand why this has to be done by accounts people otherwise, what’s the difference who does it?

Luckily I have a great local SE - but I am certain plenty of customers do not.