[j-nsp] prsearch missing in inaction

Nathan Ward juniper-nsp at daork.net
Mon May 13 09:17:07 EDT 2019

> On 9/05/2019, at 11:52 PM, Richard McGovern <rmcgovern at juniper.net> wrote:
>
> Nathan, I am not sure what you want to hear, or what would make you satisfied, but YES Juniper [IT?] did screw-up, and a restore from back-up was/is not possible.  So this situation is now being worked on, unfortunately at a not so fast pace.  I hope you decide to stay with Juniper, as I feel there are far worse things one could be concerned about than this.

Well, I was hoping that someone had an archive of it all somewhere.

It’s unfortunate that the backup didn’t work. It’s of course also very concerning. Was it running on myspace or something?
(https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/18/18271023/myspace-music-videos-deleted-2003-2015-server-migration <https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/18/18271023/myspace-music-videos-deleted-2003-2015-server-migration>)

> Just my 2 cents worth.  The devil you know, is often better than the devil you do not know, . . .

I don’t know if I understand your point here - I mean, that’s *exactly* why you use a tool like prsearch - to find the devils you don’t know.. right?

Anyway, hopefully you have something you can point the internal IT people at now, to indicate how frustrating this is for your customers and that it needs to be fixed.

--
Nathan Ward