[j-nsp] Tail drop on EX3400

Philippe Girard philippe at skyhook.ca
Thu May 30 10:26:07 EDT 2019

Thanks everyone for your input, very interesting.

Reality is, we have ~300Mbps coming in the 10G port and ~50-100Mbps per
customer port at peaks, really, not that much.

Also, although tweaking TCP is nice, I can hardly go to each customer of
mine telling them to augment their TCP window settings because they're
triggering monitoring on my side.

I'm still very much unsatisfied with what JTAC told me, even with all my
very precise questions, I get few detailed answers and get told to increase
buffer allocation to 100% in COS. I'll give that the shot after hours today.

One thing that bugs me though is looking at default schedulers, still only
75% of buffer space is allocated to best effort traffic, so I'd still get
only 3/4 of the actual 100% allocation, and since I'm not getting the
answers I want, I don't know what the default allocation is VS that 100%
they want me to configure, so I have no idea of the actual increase this
will generate.

My guess is that I'll have to create a custom scheduler and apply to
interfaces to be able to have all that buffer space available for basic
Internet...

-----
Philippe Girard