[j-nsp] Tail drop on EX3400

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu May 30 10:41:02 EDT 2019

> My guess is that I'll have to create a custom scheduler and apply to
> interfaces to be able to have all that buffer space available for basic
> Internet...

This is actually something we've needed to do on lot of 1RU switches
for 20 years. Catalysts at least since 3550 has not shipped with QoS
config where all buffer is possible to use out-of- the-box. It is
rather odd the default assumes multiclass QoS, while in reality vast
majority have single class and microburst avoidance is the key.

--
  ++ytti