[j-nsp] MX204 vs. MX240??

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Nov 12 07:35:22 EST 2019

On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 at 14:28, Nitzan Tzelniker
<nitzan.tzelniker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does any body know if the LC CPU on the MX204 has less power than the one in MPC7 or in MX10003 LC
> I saw some scaling numbers for subscriber management and it looks like some numbers are very low on the MX204 compared to MX10003 LC
> These are control plane tasks that are distributed to the PFE so I suspect this could be a bottleneck for some applications

Looks like it has real LC CPU:

MX204: SMPC platform (1601Mhz Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU processor, 3136MB
memory, 8192KB flash)
JNP10K-LC2101: IMPC platform (2417Mhz Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU processor,
3136MB memory, 8192KB flash)
MPC7: SMPC platform (1750Mhz Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU processor, 3136MB
memory, 8192KB flash)

--
  ++ytti