[j-nsp] EVPN on QFX5200

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Thu Sep 26 02:49:02 EDT 2019

Hello,

The QFX5110 is unable to route between a VXLAN and a layer 3 interface.
There is a hack documented here:

 <https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/evpn-vxlan-qfx5110-l2-vxlan-l3-logical.html>

Such a setup is quite fragile. Only the QFX10k is able to act as a L3
gateway for VXLAN and be connected to non-VXLAN stuff. QFX5110 is only
able to act as a L3 gateway when routing between VXLANs.
--
Watch out for off-by-one errors.