[j-nsp] VTEP Scale

Vincent Bernat bernat at luffy.cx
Thu Sep 26 02:58:46 EDT 2019

 ❦ 25 septembre 2019 18:19 +03, Mohammad Khalil <eng.mssk at gmail.com>:

> Am working with a customer of mine for DC refresh project.
> Per the requirements , I have been asked about VTEP scale numbers for our
> proposed switches which I cannot find to be honest.
> Our product is QFX5120-48Y
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.

You should ask Juniper, the documentation about that is (AFAIK) not
public. On the QFX5110, there is a maximum of 16k virtual port. A
virtual port is either a remote VTEP or a VLAN assigned to an ethernet
switching interface. Then, you have these two settings:

 <https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/configuration-statement/interface-num-edit-forwarding-options.html>
 <https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/configuration-statement/next-hop-edit-forwarding-options-vxlan-routing.html>
--
"You have been in Afghanistan, I perceive."
		-- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, "A Study in Scarlet"