[j-nsp] Netflow config for MX204

Liam Farr liam at maxumdata.com
Fri Apr 10 23:52:53 EDT 2020

Hi,

Got things working in the end, thanks everyone for their help and patience.

Also thanks @John Kristoff especially for the template at
https://github.com/jtkristoff/junos/blob/master/flows.md it was
very helpful.

As I suspected I was doing something dumb, or rather a combination of the
dumb.

1. I had initially tried to use fxp0 as my export interface, it seems this
is not supported.
2. I then tried to use an interface in a VRF to export the flows, I think
some additional config may be required for this (
https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB28958).
3. It's always MTU... I suspect in one of my various config attempts flow's
were being sent, but dropped because of the 1500 MTU on the flow collector
and a larger MTU on the MX204 interface generating them.

In the end I set up a new link-net on a new vlan interface attached to
inet0 between the MX204 and netflow collector, set the inet mtu to 1500
and 🍾 everything started working.

Again thanks everyone for the help, I now have some really interesting flow
stats to examine :)

--
Kind Regards

Liam Farr