[j-nsp] Junos Telemetry Interface

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 16:23:14 EDT 2020

Hi

Native sensors:
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/configuration-statement/sensor-edit-services-analytics.html

OpenConfig sensors:
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/general/junos-telemetry-interface-grpc-sensors.html

Plugins to consume JTI for common open sources tools:
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/jti-opensource-plugins.html

Personally I run OpenConfig with Telegraf + InfluxDB + Grafana.

Telegraf has a built-in input plugin for Juniper Openconfig, so it takes
like 5 minutes to enable.
https://github.com/influxdata/telegraf/tree/master/plugins/inputs/jti_openconfig_telemetry

OpenNTI is good for demo/test but not really suitable for production.

/Roger