[j-nsp] Netflow config for MX204

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Apr 17 03:49:21 EDT 2020

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 at 10:39, <adamv0025 at netconsultings.com> wrote:

> Can you expand on the above please?
> Say comparing RE/RSP management port on ASR9k and MX,

No management port is revenue port, and will kill your flow export, if
flow export is supported directly from the NPU. Because if it works,
it means NPU has to _punt_ the traffic to control-plane, to export it.
Where as if NPU supports exporting off the NPU, then exporting from
non-revenue ports can be done without touching control-plane or
stealing punt capacity.
If flow is exported by the RE, it's much less important.

I would personally not use any RE attached ETH port for any purpose.
However I'd happily use ASR9k CMP port or Cisco 8k BMC port for
out-of-band.

--
  ++ytti