[j-nsp] Buffer Size

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Apr 21 05:49:19 EDT 2020

On Tue, 21 Apr 2020 at 12:31, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

> > If anyone has an idea it would be appreciated.
>
> Atrocious - on the 2 we ran; EX4550 and EX4600.
>
> We dumped it and went with Arista.

You probably didn't mean it, but people will read this as you imply
ANET does something different to JNPR. If you are comparing EX4600
(on-chip only) to Arista Jericho (off-chip), that is an entirely
unfair comparison. ANET also has on-chip buffer models, JNPR also has
off-chip buffer models.

But yes, EX4600 has like 12MB of buffer, which is not enough to do
speed step downs or handle multiple interfaces sending to one.

--
  ++ytti