[j-nsp] Juniper EX/QFX vlan-id-list limitation

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Wed Aug 12 14:11:46 EDT 2020

Hi,

We miraculously found this doc before implementing such QinQ conf on EX4600 (that are low end QFX5100).
So we didn't try to test the switch with this case, and we directly used such config: instead of vlan-id-list [some ids], we (nearly) always use the same one everywhere: vlan-id-list 2-4094. Problem fixed before it appeared.

Sometimes we use vlan-id-list 1-4094 and native-vlan 1, when some untagged traffic must be carried too – in this case the untagged traffic is double-tagged on the NNI port with dot1q tag 1 as cvlan – there's a thread about that in this mailing-list by the way.