[j-nsp] Juniper EX/QFX vlan-id-list limitation

Robin Williams robin.williams at tnp.net.uk
Thu Aug 13 17:04:41 EDT 2020

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the reply - it does seem rather odd that I can't do on a new high end EX or QFX switch, what I used to be able to do on a bottom end EX2200 with the dot1q-tunnelling stanza.

Regarding your workaround - were you running this config on the same physical interface?  As that won't commit in this scenario (as it presumably doesn't know which vlans to push into which outer..)

flexible-vlan-tagging;
encapsulation extended-vlan-bridge;
unit 3104 {
    vlan-id-list 1-4094;