[j-nsp] Juniper EX/QFX vlan-id-list limitation

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Thu Aug 13 17:32:11 EDT 2020

Our QinQ usage model is many UNIs toward one NNI, therefore we never have several QinQ stuff per UNI. Maybe it's the difference between your usage and ours ?
If you need to have several QinQ svlans on one UNI port, I guess you'll be bitten again by the number of IDs limit (but maybe several ranges are possible?).

Anyway, here are the QinQ configs we use on EX4600 (so: ELS style):

NNI interface (also using real vlans on unit 0, completely independent of QinQ ones – this mix works only on 4600, not on smaller switches):

    ae0 {
        flexible-vlan-tagging;
        mtu 9216;
        encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
        unit 0 {
            family ethernet-switching {
                interface-mode trunk;
                vlan {
                    members [ some vlan we use as real vlans, having nothing to do with QinQ ];
                }
            }
        }
        unit 3000 {