[j-nsp] Next-table, route leaking, etc.

Jeff Haas jhaas at juniper.net
Fri Feb 21 17:26:45 EST 2020

> On Feb 10, 2020, at 2:52 AM, Saku Ytti <saku at ytti.fi> wrote:
>
> On Mon, 10 Feb 2020 at 05:08, Nathan Ward <juniper-nsp at daork.net> wrote:
>
> Hey Nathan,
>
>> Anyone got any magic tricks I’ve somehow missed?
>
> Olivier had a cute trick for this. This issue happens because it's the
> same route, there is no resolve-on-import and this is something JNPR
> is open to implement where you'd have some sort of toggle when you
> want to resolve routes on import. I've not requested ER myself, as
> I've just worked around it, but might be something to talk to our
> account team and do an ER so we all get to enjoy this feature in few
> years time :)

The problem and example in the thread were past the ability of my brain to follow this round.

That said, there's some amount of plumbing that can permit a route that's been imported into a VRF to locally resolve vs. the local VRF tables rather than share the fate of its primary route.

This plumbing isn't generally exposed at this time.  Magic words "independent resolution".  Just in case that fits the ER. :-)

-- Jeff