[j-nsp] Junos L3VPN & AS-PATH LOOP

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sun Feb 23 03:46:21 EST 2020

On Sat, 22 Feb 2020 at 16:31, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

> As such, the only way to circumvent the possibility of creating a loop
> in your network is to go with the n-squared iBGP mesh "problem".

I hope in common case, it's actually just adding one line in templates
and repushing :)
set protocols bgp group iBGP family inet unicast loops 10

So from expressiveness point-of-view, junos can approximate ios
behaviour, so either point-of-view can be implemented. But I'm not
sure if ios can approximate junos behaviour, maybe with some crazy
as_path regexg, something like /(\d+) (?!\1 ?)+(\d+ ?)* \1/ (that
already has problems, but didn't spend too much time:)

--
  ++ytti