[j-nsp] Any red flags on this MX240 configuration...

Marcel Bößendörfer mb at marbis.net
Wed Feb 26 09:05:16 EST 2020

The MPC-3D-16XGE-SFPP even works with a 710-021523 / SCB-MX :-)

Am Mi., 26. Feb. 2020 um 15:03 Uhr schrieb Benjamin Collet <
juniper-nsp at clt.tf>:

> Hi Alain,
>
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 08:46:42AM -0500, Alain Hebert wrote:
> >     Beside the RE-S-2000-4096-S being EOL.  My experience with 16.2 was
> > pretty solid.
> >
> >     We're planning to have 3 Full Routes BGP and the MPLS alphabet soup,
> > yadi yada.
> >
> >     We don't want 2 RE since we'll use 2 MX240 and there is no point to
> go
> > for ISSU since the RE is EOL.
> >
> >    1x CHAS-BP-MX240-S
> >    1x FFANTRAY-MX240-HC
> >    1x RE-S-2000-4096-S
> >    1x SCBE-MX-S
> >    2x PWR-MX480-1200-AC
> >    1x MPC-3D-16XGE-SFPP
>

> I am not sure the MPC-3D-16XGE-SFPP can work with a SCBE-MX-S, it seems
> you need at least a SCBE2 (same goes if you plan to insert a MPC7):
>

> https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/concept/enhanced-mx-scb-description-mx960.html
>
> Cheers,
> Ben
> --
> Benjamin Collet

*Marcel Bößendörfer*
Geschäftsführer / CEO

*marbis GmbH*
Griesbachstr. 10
76185 Karlsruhe, Germany

Phone: +49 721 754044-11
Fax: +49 800 100 3860
E-Mail: m.boessendoerfer at nitrado.net
Web: marbis.net / nitrado.net

*Registered Office | Sitz der Gesellschaft:* Karlsruhe
*Register Court | Registergericht:* AG Mannheim, HRB 713868
*Managing Directors | Geschäftsführer:* Marco Balle, Marcel Bößendörfer

Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet. This e-mail may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or