[j-nsp] Flex licensing on MPC10

Patrick Okui pokui at psg.com
Fri Jun 5 07:14:30 EDT 2020

On 8 Apr 2020, at 7:18 EAT, Richard McGovern via juniper-nsp wrote:

> Yes Flex Licensing allows the license to move from one device, to
> another.  You purchase a Flex license which last for a period of time,
> and includes support - no extra Support SKU is needed.  The license is
> NOT tie to any hardware!  This is different than older original
> Perpetual License model.  There you purchased License (upfront cost)
> tie to a specific piece of HW, and then paid Support on top of this.
> if you did not renew Support for the P License SKU, you lost ability
> to use those features, for basically like forever.

Thanks for the clarification.

I will take some time to read up on the details of this new licensing
scheme. I must say though that I miss the time when if I needed specific
features on my m10i router all I’d need to do is buy the correct
services PIC. That and support for the router itself.

--
patrick