[j-nsp] MX routers and DAC cables?

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Fri Jun 12 14:39:11 EDT 2020

Is anybody using DAC cables on MX routers?  We have a customer with an
MX10003 connected to EX4600 switches with 40G DAC cables (Juniper parts,
not third-party).  Upon upgrading the router JUNOS to 18.2R3-S3, none of
the interfaces with a DAC cable would come up on the router end.

JTAC's response was that no DAC cables are supported on any MX routers.

That seems a little odd to me... I thought DAC cables are a part of the
various specs, so saying they're not supported is saying those aren't
actually Ethernet ports to me.

--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>