[j-nsp] what do do with bug reports

Jeffrey Haas jhaas at juniper.net
Mon Jun 15 09:28:43 EDT 2020

> On Jun 15, 2020, at 2:15 AM, Baldur Norddahl <baldur at gigabit.dk> wrote:
>

> What am I supposed to do with glaring bugs? Are Juniper interested in
> knowing those or don't they care?

Treat the following as "I do not speak for official Juniper support policy".

It is to your benefit to open JTAC tickets on issues found.  This means that when it becomes a Problem Report (PR) in the internal bug system, it's tagged with the impacted customers.  Customers reporting issues will often change prioritization of how issues are dealt with vs. some random developer filing the PR.

And it absolutely doesn't hurt if you note any PR# that's associated with an issue, if one gets back to you.  It means that devs that are watching things with some knowledge of the issue may be able to add it to the report.

-- Jeff