[j-nsp] what do do with bug reports

Richard McGovern rmcgovern at juniper.net
Mon Jun 15 10:05:14 EDT 2020

For 100% sure you should open a JTAC Case, like P3, as you have a current workaround.  JTAC should then reproduce your issue, at which time they will create a PR for Engg to work on.  PR will be scheduled to be fixed in some future release.  JTAC should be able to provide that feedback to you once Engg has updated the PR.  Do NOT let JTAC close your case, until you get at least this far.  Also make sure that JTAC ties your Case to the PR.  Customer logged (CL) PRs have priority over Internal logged (IL) PRs.  You should also now be able to view PR via external PR tool.

You can then keep case open until you actually get a fix, or allow JTAC to close the case while you wait for the fix.  Case would be 100% in monitor during this time.  Case closure time is a top metric for TAC.

If you do nothing, Juniper will also do nothing, as no one outside of you knows about this.  If situation is known by Juniper (PR already open) your case can be tied to that PR, or new PR can be marked as a duplicate of older PR.

FYI only, Rich

Richard McGovern
Sr Sales Engineer, Juniper Networks
978-618-3342

I’d rather be lucky than good, as I know I am not good
I don’t make the news, I just report it

On 6/15/20, 9:28 AM, "Jeffrey Haas" <jhaas at juniper.net> wrote:

    > On Jun 15, 2020, at 2:15 AM, Baldur Norddahl <baldur at gigabit.dk> wrote:
    >

    > What am I supposed to do with glaring bugs? Are Juniper interested in
    > knowing those or don't they care?

    Treat the following as "I do not speak for official Juniper support policy".

    It is to your benefit to open JTAC tickets on issues found.  This means that when it becomes a Problem Report (PR) in the internal bug system, it's tagged with the impacted customers.  Customers reporting issues will often change prioritization of how issues are dealt with vs. some random developer filing the PR.

    And it absolutely doesn't hurt if you note any PR# that's associated with an issue, if one gets back to you.  It means that devs that are watching things with some knowledge of the issue may be able to add it to the report.

    -- Jeff

Juniper Business Use Only