[j-nsp] MX960 vs MX10K

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Mar 4 09:51:55 EST 2020

On 4/Mar/20 16:47, Tom Beecher wrote:
> You can still get 100G ports on the 960 chassis with MPC5E/6/7s ,
> depending on what kind of density you require.

I didn't say the MX960/480 doesn't support 100Gbps ports; I said they
would be cheaper on an MX10000 if you need more than a handful per slot.

We have some MPC7E's with 100Gbps ports on some of our MX480's. Because
we needed so few, it was cheaper than getting an MX10000. But there are
instances where an MX10000 makes more sense because we have a large need
of 100Gbps ports per slot in those areas.

Mark.