[j-nsp] MX960 vs MX10K

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Mon Mar 9 09:18:00 EDT 2020

In my case, 960 has a lot of slots, and I use slot 0 and slot 11 for
MPC-7E-MRATE to light up 100 gig east/west ring and 40 gig south to ACX
subrings, so I have plenty of slot space for my MS-MPC-128G nat module... If
I place it somewhere else, then I gotta cross the network to some extent to
get to it... also, my dual 100 gig inet connections are on a couple of those
960's where I colo the mpc-128g card, yeah, it's all right there.  Not the
case for dsl nat, that's across the network in a couple mx104's, but dsl
doesn't have near the speeds that my ftth and cm subs have.

-Aaron