[j-nsp] Internet monitoring in case of general issues

Marcel Bößendörfer mb at marbis.net
Sun Mar 15 04:13:30 EDT 2020

RIPE Atlas is also quite useful: https://atlas.ripe.net - beside NLNOG RING.

Am So., 15. März 2020 um 08:58 Uhr schrieb Tore Anderson <tore at fud.no>:

> * james list
>
> > The question: once you notice issues on internet and your upstreams are
> > fine, what instrument or service or commands or web site do you use to
> try
> > to find out where is the problem and who is experiencing the problem (ie
> > tier1 carrier)?
>
> We find that being an NLNOG RING (https://ring.nlnog.net/) participant is
> very useful in diagnosing these kind of issues. We can start pings or
> traceroutes towards towards our own network from 500+ locations all over
> the globe with a single command, for example. Furthermore, there is a tool
> (ring-sqa) that does pretty much this continuously and alerts us if a
> partial outage is detected.
>
> Tore

*Marcel Bößendörfer*
Geschäftsführer / CEO

*marbis GmbH*
Griesbachstr. 10
76185 Karlsruhe, Germany

Phone: +49 721 754044-11
Fax: +49 800 100 3860
E-Mail: m.boessendoerfer at nitrado.net
Web: marbis.net / nitrado.net

*Registered Office | Sitz der Gesellschaft:* Karlsruhe
*Register Court | Registergericht:* AG Mannheim, HRB 713868
*Managing Directors | Geschäftsführer:* Marco Balle, Marcel Bößendörfer

Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet. This e-mail may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender
immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or