[j-nsp] Rate selectability on MPC7E-MRATE

Tobias Heister lists at tobias-heister.de
Wed May 6 14:40:40 EDT 2020

Hi,

On 06.05.2020 20:15, Vincentz Petzholtz wrote:
> That’s not true and you sad it yourself. You have 240G per PIC.
> With 2x100G ports enabled you can still set one remaining port to 40G on the same pic.
> And it also works just fine.

Which part of my last mail is not true? Maybe i did not make myself clear enough?

If you configure the PIC in per port mode/level, you can different modes per port and hence have 2x100GE and 1x40/4x10GE on the same PIC. See the first part of my last mail.
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/rate-selectability-configuring.html#id-configuring-rate-selectability-at-port-level

If you configure the PIC in PIC speed mode/level 100GE you will only have 2x100GE and nothing else per pic, as described in the second part of my last mail
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/topic-map/rate-selectability-configuring.html#id-configuring-rate-selectability-at-pic-level

The later could make sense if you use e.g. SCBE2 and want 2+1/1+1 mode and not 3+0/2+0 to reduce the level of card to fabric/slot "oversub"as you only get up to 480G per Slot on that SCBE2 if all boards are active at the same time.

--
Kind Regards
Tobias Heister