[j-nsp] Rate selectability on MPC7E-MRATE

Vincentz Petzholtz v.petzholtz at syseleven.de
Wed May 6 15:06:51 EDT 2020

Hi Tobias,

Clearly our last beer together happened too long ago ;-)
I haven’t referred to the kb article or anything … I just wanted to mention that you can use 100G and 40G ports on the same pic
as long as you don’t go above 240G per pic. Of course setting $whatever to 100G only will not work.

But this
set chassis fpc 1 pic 0 port 0 speed 40g
set chassis fpc 1 pic 0 port 2 speed 100g
set chassis fpc 1 pic 0 port 5 speed 100g
set chassis fpc 1 pic 1 port 0 speed 40g
set chassis fpc 1 pic 1 port 2 speed 100g
set chassis fpc 1 pic 1 port 5 speed 100g
works fine.

Just my 2 cents.

Best regards,
Vincentz