[j-nsp] ACX Questions

Colton Conor colton.conor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 09:52:51 EDT 2021

Thanks all for this information. Aaron I had my client run this same
command on their QFX5100, and it too has max 3 labels. It seems the issue
is that the client needs a layer 2 transport over a layer 3 network. VPLS
is the logical choice, and the ACX5048 supports this according to the
Juniper Feature Explorer. The QFX5100, however, does not. What layer 2 over
Layer 3 option do you recommend for the QFX5100 to talk to an ACX5048 or
MX204 on the other end?
It looks like the QFX5100 supports Ethernet-over-MPLS (L2 circuit). Is this
an alternative to VPLS? ACX and MX does not support Ethernet-over-MPLS (L2
circuit) however. It seems there is no common protocol that both the QFX
and ACX/MX share in common under the Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
section of the feature explorer. Is there any solution other than replacing
the QFX with ACX's or MX's?

https://apps.juniper.net/feature-explorer/select-platform.html?category=Switching&typ=1#family=&pid=31705100&platform=QFX5100&rel=20.4R1&sid=1093&stat=0.10700692867685069&swName=Junos%20OS