[j-nsp] Looking for Hints: Best Practices to PUSH prefix-list on MX platform with 16.x and UP

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Thu Aug 12 14:41:10 EDT 2021

Context

     I'm looking for a *simple* & safe way to manage daily IRR changes
from my customers...

     Right now its a simple script that push changes using command lines
thru SSH...

     While it is working adequately, I wonder how long it will be
feasible =D with the current growth.

Solution

     As for there REST API, I remember someone having some issues where
the RE keep rebooting and took down their entire OP for a few hours...

     . Anyone can testify on the solidity of their RESTful API?

     . Should we bump up the production version to something newer?

     PS: Security wise we're fine, anything related to management is
tightly pinned to a OOB with MFA and high encryption =D.

     Thanks for your time.

--

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443