[j-nsp] Looking for Hints: Best Practices to PUSH prefix-list on MX platform with 16.x and UP

Chuck Anderson cra at alum.wpi.edu
Thu Aug 12 19:44:48 EDT 2021

I've done this with perl scripts and the Juniper NETCONF libraries.  I
make the changes inside a configuration group which is inherited into
the actual prefix-list(s), then lock down the account so it is only
able to make changes to that configuration group.

groups {
    AUTO-PREFIX-LIST {
        policy-options {
	    prefix-list AUTO-FOO {
	    prefix-list AUTO-BAR {
	    prefix-list AUTO-BAZ {
system {
    login {
        class AUTO-PREFIX-LIST {
	    permissions [ configure view view-configuration ];
	        allow-commands junoscript;
		allow-configuration "(groups AUTO-PREFIX-LIST policy-options .*)";