[j-nsp] MX304 - Edge Router

Karl Gerhard karl_gerh at gmx.at
Tue Oct 24 05:18:08 EDT 2023

On 18/10/2023 18:55, Tom Beecher via juniper-nsp wrote:
> Juniper licensing is honor based. Won't impact functionality, will
> just grump at you on commits.
It depends. MACSEC on EX and QFX first had a license warning and a permanent minor alert when configured on these platforms. With Junos 18 they introduced MACSEC License Enforcement, i.e. no more MACSEC for you if you don't have a valid license installed.
https://supportportal.juniper.net/s/article/MACsec-license-enforcement-on-EX-and-QFX-Series-Switches?language=en_US

Introducing license warnings and minor alerts when conifguring a static route on MX304 might be a sign of things to come. When buying MX304, you are now running the risk of this device only being able to work as a switch after a firmware upgrade, unless you have a valid license installed.

Regards
Karl