[j-nsp] MX304 - Edge Router

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Oct 25 09:36:03 EDT 2023

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 25, 2023 at 12:50:33PM +0000, Richard McGovern via juniper-nsp wrote:
> The introduction of newer (well now like 2 years old) Flex licensing
> all newly purchased MX (which would include ALL MX304s) support
> only L2 in the base (free) license. For any L3 (even static) you
> require some additional level of license.

There goes another vendor...

Now, if the base price would have been *lowered* by the amount the
L3 features of a *MX router* cost extra now, this might have been an
option... but for my understanding, the base MX304 is already insanely
pricey, and then add licenses on top...  nah, taking our money elsewhere.

Did I mention Arista is not spending valuable engineer time on all this
license shit, but on actually making great products?

gert