[j-nsp] BGP timer

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Mon Apr 29 03:13:47 EDT 2024

On Mon, 29 Apr 2024 at 10:07, Gert Doering via juniper-nsp
<juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net> wrote:

> The interesting question is "how to react when underlay seems to be stable
> again"?  "bring up upper layers right away, with exponential decay flap
> dampening" or "always wait 15 minutes to be SURE it's stable!!!"...

100%, what Mark implied was not what I was trying to communicate.
Sure, go ahead and damp flapping interfaces, but to penalise on first
down event, when most of them are just that, one event, to me, is just
bad policy made by people who don't feel the cost.

--
  ++ytti