[j-nsp] BGP timer

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Mon Apr 29 03:54:14 EDT 2024

On 4/29/24 09:13, Saku Ytti wrote:

> 100%, what Mark implied was not what I was trying to communicate.
> Sure, go ahead and damp flapping interfaces, but to penalise on first
> down event, when most of them are just that, one event, to me, is just
> bad policy made by people who don't feel the cost.

Yes, agree with this. Didn't mean to cause a mix-up.

As before, my perspective is from circuits where it can be continuous
events in, let's say, a 12-hour period every few moments. Yes, this is
not the norm in most mature markets, but we have had to deal with this
sort of thing several times a year, down here, and it can get complex
especially if the route you are dealing with has no suitable alternative
options other than going round the continent and back.

Mark.