[j-nsp] igmp snooping layer 2 querier breaks ospf in other devices

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Fri Feb 2 11:21:21 EST 2024

I tried to recreate the scenario in my lab with no success

21.2R3-S4.8 - in lab - problem not seen
20.2R3-S7.3 - in lab - problem not seen
19.2R3-S6.1 - in lab - problem not seen
18.3R3-S6.1 - in lab - problem not seen
17.4R2-S11  - in lab - problem not seen

17.4R2-S11  - in field - problem seen

again, the problem is, when i enabled this command...

set protocols igmp-snooping vlan vlan100 l2-querier source-address
10.100.4.1

...a customer riding an l2circuit on ge-0/0/2 report to me that their
multicast stops working... ospf goes down and stays in INIT...

when i remove all pim and igmp, then there OSPF neighbors up and stabilizes

i just don't know how running igmp inside vlan 100 with ports ge-0/0/4,
5 and 6 would have anything to do with an l2circuit on ge-0/0/2

-Aaron