[j-nsp] Junos EVO RE Filters

Jason Iannone jason.iannone at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 11:55:22 EDT 2024

Hi all,

I'm working on an ACX multiservice PE test plan and can't quite parse the
difference between network control loopback filter for RE and the
management filters. The EVO Overview says, "firewall filters applied to the
loopback interface apply only to network control traffic. You must
explicitly apply firewall filters to the management interface to filter
management traffic," as a result of a shift to leveraging Linux Netfilters
for RE destinted traffic.[1]

I suppose the root question is do I have to apply a management filter on my
transit interfaces for in-band management traffic? Does ACX have a new (not
fxp1) relationship between the RE and the external re0:mgmt-0/em0/fxp0 in
the management interface in the ACX?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jason