[Ndr] just fyi

Nicholas Harland nharland at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 11:54:57 EDT 2017

Nah, the efforts that I am aware of are for the public. The government solution is bringing in pallets of satellite phones daily as mentioned in the sitrep. Which actually brings up another issue with this misguided kickstarter

Government and military have contracted priority on iridium. It was already congested with southcom traffic pre-Maria. With so many more priority devices coming into the area, iridium is going to be nearly unusable for non-priority devices.

All of the NGOs are now using Inmarsat phones for this reason.

In addition, the delorme/garmin is a shitty device for this. For a few hundred bucks more you could use an iridium go which is way more capable and has a similar unlimited message plan as the inreach.

Sent from my iPhone