[Outages-discussion] [outages-discussion] Another power outage today at Hurricane?

Jeremy Chadwick outages at jdc.parodius.com
Tue Nov 3 16:26:21 EST 2009

Discussion moved to outages-discussion at outages.org.

I think it's this simple: read the SLA before signing the contract.
Don't like certain clauses?  Strike them out (although many companies
will refuse to honour the modified SLA, some actually will depending
upon what's been stricken).

If you don't like the quality of service (pun intended), then don't sign
the agreement and find co-location elsewhere.  I speak from experience,
and have already discussed the questionable nature of HE's facilities
in the past:

https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/outages/2009-September/001547.html

There are other co-location providers in the bay who offer equal (or
slightly more -- "slightly" means maybe $25-50) rates with much better
service, better peering (less shady, more redundancy), and guarantee
service reliability with reimbursement for service in 15-minute
increments (service hard down for an hour?  credit = rate * 4).