[Outages-discussion] [outages] media temple outage (moved to the discussion list where it -- I suppose -- belongs)

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Wed May 26 11:05:25 EDT 2010

On 5/25/2010 23:01, Lori Barfield (in a private email) wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon at cox.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> some day, virendra is going to have to create the
>>> [not-an-outage-its-just-broken-dns] list.
>>
>> Can you point to a scholarly discussion on the differences (and how to
>> make them visible) between outage-broken, not-outage-broken,
>> outage-not-broken, and not-outage-not-broken suitable for display to
>> whiny customers?
>
> i would, but the dns isn't working.

To which I replied (tyops corrected enroute):

> Are you suggesting that "isn't working" is another class to be added to
> the "outage-broken" matrix?
>
> %^)

I'm think it is.

And that we should contact Tom McMahon -- http://www.4-blockworld.com/
about maintaining the matrix for us.

--
Somebody should have said:
A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting
the vote.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca