[Outages-discussion] Idea to help with the S/N on outages...

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Wed Aug 17 22:22:25 EDT 2011

I don't think outages.org is seeking to compete with Keynote or Pingdom.
The value in the listserv is the interactive discussion of issues once these
third-party or your own monitoring systems identify what appears to be a
problem.  Unless we had a some kind of monitoring device on every router on
the Internet, many of the issues would be too local to the reporter to be
seen with a handful of monitoring nodes.

Frank