[Outages-discussion] More on the google outage Yesterday

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue Dec 11 13:53:28 EST 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Jeremy Chadwick <jdc at koitsu.org> wrote:

> What better time to make LB config changes than at 0854 PST on a Monday?

To be fair I've heard this argument several different ways.  For early AM
Monday ... "Everyone in the team here to *fix* things if the change goes
badly" but then there's also the problem of "Everyone of our customers sees
it and are affected by it if it goes wrong"

So tends to depend on your outlook as what of those are worse...if your
team is available opposite of your customers, then maybe you can avoid it,
but for most shops, that's probably not the case.