[Outages-discussion] FEMA, W.H. send victims to Internet

Damian Menscher damian at google.com
Fri Nov 2 15:43:21 EDT 2012

I have a solar-powered cellphone charger.  Too bad storms tend to block the
sun....

Seriously, though, just turn off your phone when not in use.  The battery
will last a long time, and allow you to make outgoing calls as needed.

Damian [parents said generator was powerful enough to get computers online,
but not powerful enough to draw water from the well -- of course they had
already stored drinking water so weren't concerned -- they also planned to
use the car charger if cellphone battery died]