[Outages-discussion] (no subject)

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Oct 8 19:54:12 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Larry Sheldon" <LarrySheldon at cox.net>

> On 10/8/2012 6:26 PM, Michael Schuler wrote:
> > Collaborate and Listen?
>
> Do not use communications channels for communicating.

Henh?

> Chased off NANOG, chased off outages, guess it is time to give up
> discussion lists as a place to discuss things..
>
> Really sad. Used to learn so much.

Mailing lists work just fine, thanks.  Usenet actually does, too, though
it's becoming as hard to find a feed as it was in 1981.

The original poster was trying to unsubscribe using a protocol that
never works, while receiving emails each of which says quietly in its
footer how to do that very thing, and the other posters were having some
fun making light of that.  No one was nasty; no one was chasing the OP
off of this list or any other.  Or anyone else, come to that.

I was about to pinch the thread anyway, as I thought it had gone on
long enough... but I think this might be an overreaction, Larry?

Cheers,
-- jra