[Outages-discussion] FEMA, W.H. send victims to Internet

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Tue Oct 30 10:39:29 EDT 2012

And how long does the battery last in your smart phone?  My wife can not
go 8 hours without a charger.(that's one reason I don't have a 'smart'
phone)

Plus in really big events like Sandy or the big ice storm that went
through Kentucky a couple of years ago, how long will the cell towers
survive without power?  Not all of them have on sight gensets.  Plus
network outages

Way to vulnerable to 'depend' on the Internet in events like this.

Lyle