[Outages-discussion] YouTube issues in Europe?

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Thu Apr 25 18:17:28 EDT 2013

On 4/25/2013 4:14 PM, Joe Abley wrote:

> On 2013-04-25, at 16:58, Larry Sheldon <LarrySheldon at cox.net> wrote:

>>> Given the massive number of google cache nodes deployed in
>>> eyeball networks combined with the massive number of on-net
>>> sources for video content within Google itself, I don't think
>>> there's a good answer to this question based on the information
>>> given.
>>
>> Seems like the question asked is anwerable from the data and
>> information given.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Meta discussions about the format of the question TO THE LIST are
>> probably a waste of energy.
>
> I'm not sure why you think I was commenting on the format of the
> question; pparently I was too opaque.
>
> My response (to the list, intentionally) was a gentle reminder that
> for widely distributed services, questions that include supporting
> information (traceroutes, digs, whether you're using v4 or v6,
> whatever seems appropriate) are a lot easier to answer than questions
> that assume monolithic, single-point services.
>
> On the other hand, I'm not sure what your response TO THE LIST was
> intended to achieve :-)
About what sending a reply to the list AND to me.....

List folks, if I want to know the answer to a "did you see" kind of
question, )where "yes", "no" and abstain are the only meaningful
evidence so far is third-party complaints, which of the set
"traceroutes, digs, whether you're using v4 or v6, whatever seems
appropriate" are critical for you to say "yes", "no" or to decide you
have nothing useful (as for example you were about to reply "no" and see
a torrent of "noes" already recorded?

--
Requiescas in pace o email           Two identifying characteristics
                                         of System Administrators: